The Alex CFC is looking for volunteers from all backgrounds and experiences to bring their passions, talents, or interests to the table and make the Community Food Centre a vibrant community hub!
We have many exciting opportunities available that are open to everyone, with an array of shifts to fit your schedule.
Possible volunteer opportunities include:
- Working in the kitchen to prepare and serve food with the guidance of the chef;
- Assisting in the facilitation of one of our drop-in programs;
- Getting your hands in the dirt at the garden;
- Standing up for and learning about causes you believe in, or helping your peers learn how to make themselves be heard through the Community Action Program;
- Assisting in the creation and development of various programs offered at the Centre; and
- Helping with cleaning and maintenance of the Centre.
In most circumstances, volunteers must be over the age of 16, unless child-specific volunteer opportunities are posted.
If you are interested in sharing your time with the Alex CFC, please feel free to complete the volunteer application form below!